Friday, October 10, 2008

10th Anniversary in Cat City

We celebrated our 10th wedding anniversary today :)

It's hard to believe that we've come "this" far in our marriage. Thank God for the many years He kept us together, through thick and thin, good times and bad times ... blah, blah, blah.

We started our day late. We met Lee Eng Beng and his wife, Mee Lin at the lobby of our hotel. About 4 years ago, we went on a tour to Kunming, Yunan, China and they were our interpreter - since yours truly doesn't speak Mandarin at all and Rajen ... well, he doesn't speak the language either.
Now, 4 years later, they still looked the same! Can't say the same for Rajen and I. :(


They brought us to a place called .. I think it's Mary Park or something like that. We went to a food court. It's actually two corner shops with side roofs adjoining to form a covered walk way in the middle, which was turned into the eating area. Cool idea!



We ate foo chow food. Really different from our normal mundane breakfast. Hmm... I can't even remember all the names of the food now. I guess the picture will tell you a little of what we ate just now.


After breakfast, we went back to the hotel, where we made them eat some of our cake and at the same time, hear their "ooohs" and "ahhhhs" about how luxurious the suite was. Because we didn't have proper drinks for them, we went down to the lounge club where we helped ourselves (literally - it was self service) to coffee and tea.



Mee Lin had to work so they left at 12.30pm.

At 2pm, Jeffrey, a Bidayuh, came in a Mercedes to take us on a tour.




We went to Semonggok to see the Orang Utans. There were 6-7 of them ranging from 6 days old to 28 years old. Delima, whom we heard so much about from Gad, (one of the staff there) was known to be a trouble maker and had once strip a French lady naked because they were "playing" tug of war with the lady's handbag.


Gad explained about the Orang Utans under his care and the many facts about this huge mammal. We saw how Nora ripped the coconut open and drank the water in it. We saw them hanging from ropes and playing with each other. Some were chasing each other.

45 minutes later, we were on our way to a pottery place but alas! we were too late and couldn't watch the process of making pots out of clay. Feeling only a tinge of disappointment, we proceeded to look around their shop outlet and bought some souvenirs back.


I saw a very nice, antique-like jar which is perfect for the coming Christmas Musical. I thought of getting two of them but didn't. Rajen was looking unhappy at the big bulky box that we had to cart back. In the end, I only bought one jar. Sigh! I gotta scour round Seremban to see if they have one with a similar design.

After that, we headed to Sinpiao to get some of our souvenirs.

We were back at the hotel at 5pm. By then , we were quite tired. We skipped lunch altogether. In fact, we have forgotten all about lunch.

Rajen was quite exhausted and hit the bed the moment we walked into our suite. Me? I was still feeling restless and decided to go to Parkson, which is adjacent to the hotel - how convenient!!!



When I came back from my little shopping, the doorbell rang and someone gave flowers. Mr WongBC and Mr PatrickN gave Rajen and I flowers for our anniversary - how thoughtful of them.



In the evening, we walked over to Hilton to have our dinner at the steakhouse restaurant. We took a 3 course dinner - starter, main course, dessert.
I had mushroom soup while Rajen had pumpkin soup. Mine was simply delicious!! Yummy!




And because I was still coughing like crazy, I decided to have Vegetarian Spaghetti, which turned out to be even more yummy. There was a lot of garlic in it. The helping was a huge one and I didn't finish it, even though I really wanted to.

Rajen had beef steak which he claimed was great but I wouldn't know it cause I didn't eat any of it.


Dessert was some pineapple souffle ... which I didn't finish because I was stuffed! Rajen had crepe suzette. I stole some of his dessert and I really liked it.

So, there we were, sitting in a dimly lit restaurant with great ambience and Rajen was feeling sleepy. Sigh! I told him that to the waitresses there, I might be a boring company to be with and he looked as though he was trying his best to endure the whole dinner with me. What's more, I was paying for dinner (part of my anniversary gift to him) and it really did look as though I was some lonely person who wanted company desperate enough, I was willing to pay for dinner. :)

The short walk back to the hotel helped digest our food a little. I wasn't really feeling tired but when I got back to the hotel and was working on the pictures, I felt so sleepy. I told Rajen that I'd only sleep for a short while but.......


No comments: