Sunday, April 6, 2008

New Lens


I've always wanted to get a 50mm lens (f1.8). The first time I used it was early 2007 and I really loved the shots I took. That was when I had my Nikon D70s and David Yeow was kind enough to let me try out his lens.
.
I have since sold my Nikon camera to Derrick and bought a Canon 400D because I find that my Nikon shots were not good. Shows that I'm very pro-Canon. I have to admit that with my Canon DSLR, I take better pictures. :)
.
For almost a year, I relied greatly on my kit lens, which was a mere 18mm - 55mm. Sometimes I get frustrated when I wanted to zoom in on something far away.
.
In February 2008, I took up on Wai Hon's offer to purchase his 18mm - 200mm lens and was really pleased with the purchase. It gave me more flexibility.
.
I still longed for a 50mm lens but was careful not to get too caught up with buying too many camera stuff in a short period of time. I kept telling myself that even though I had the $$ to buy another lens, I will not do so unless I really need it. Guess I am practising what my husband "preaches" - Delayed Gratification"
.
The MAPS (Malaysian Association for Professional Speakers) was on the 1st and 2nd of April and I was their official photographer. This gave me a very good reason to buy the lens as I needed to take close up pictures.
.
On March 30th, I bought the lens. It only cost me RM320 for both the lens and the filter. I used it a lot for the convention. I thought of getting the 50mm (f1.4) lens but that was RM1K more than I want to spend.
.
Well, in any case, I'm happy I got what I wanted. I'm thinking of getting a speedlight and a diffuser for my camera - anyone wants to donate some $$?

No comments: