Tuesday, September 9, 2008

Creditor Comes A-Calling

Nobody likes to receive calls from a creditor calling to say that you have not paid the outstanding balance.
.
I got such a call yesterday and was utterly surprised. I distinctively remembered paying in RM250 for last month's credit card bill, after I have confirmed with a telebanker that my outstanding sum payable was RM232... which meant that I paid an extra RM12. The bank OWES me money!
.
As I was in Singapore when the call came through, I didn't haved much choice but to call a friend of mine working in that bank. She told me that she would explain when I got back to Malaysia.
.
Well, today I went to see her. It seemed that I made the payment on the billing date and the bank's system didn't take that into account. Because of that, I got slapped with a RM10 + RM3 for financial and interest charges.
.
Of course, being me, I was cool, calm and collected. My friend offered to write to the credit card company to ask them to "take note of the payment made" and "reverse all interest and financial charges".
.
For a great bank like this, I am curiously surprised by their system's inability to factor payments made on the billing date itself.
.
All told, I'm glad I didn't have to fork out another RM250 for something which I thought I didn't pay.

No comments: