Tuesday, September 16, 2008

Do Not Murder


Do not Murder!!!
.
Two nights ago, my husband saw a rat running from our kitchen to the living room. He was so terrified that he froze for a few seconds. After regaining his composure, he asked ME to deal with it. Then he went to the bedroom and closed the door, leaving ME to deal with the pesky rodent.
.
I remember, in the first year of our marriage, I had to terminate the life of a rat. It ran into one of the rooms, also known as our "rubbish" (store) room. I boiled some water, trapped the rat and poured hot water to kill it. The cleaning part was a little messy.
.
This time, I was smart enough to tell dear hubby that I would buy a mouse trap and deal with it another day.
.
I went to the hardware shop the next day and bought this piece of card board with thick glue spread onto it.
.
That night, I placed it near the rubbish bin.
.
Next morning, voila! I saw a rat wriggling amidst the glue-y paste, trying in vain to escape. Fearing his determination to break free from the glue, I quickly threw it into a plastic bag and tied it up.
.
It's at the moment in my trash can ..... hopefully dead by now!
.
So there, a murder took place today.

2 comments:

@nne said...

yea we had an episode some time back with many rats to kill. hard to sleep at nite when u hear them scampering near by.

i dunno wat is more cruel actually. Hot water of glue suffocation. mayb poison is better. Problem being finding the dead rotting body after that.

Rachel said...

Well, Rajen did ask me about it the next day and what I did to the poor rat. I told him the truth and he got all soft-hearted and asked why I didn't catch it, take it far, far away and let it go. Duh!!!