Thursday, September 11, 2008

Singapore (September 6th - 8th, 2008)

I was in Singapore last weekend (AGAIN!) and no, this time it was a 3-day instead of a one day trip. We were there for only one reason - to watch Rebecca Chellappah (a.k.a Ranjini) perform, together with Hyun-Jin Lee from Korea, Noriko from Japan, Catarina from Portugal and Mutian from China. Together, they performed several songs.
.
Just prior to leaving Seremban, I felt lethargic.. which is not that surprising considering the fact that we were supposed to leave for Singapore at 1pm and finally left at 5pm. The waiting period was what made me lethargic, as I can't stand waiting PLUS, I don't like not being able to get much done at home as I wasn't certain what time we will be leaving.
.
The journey to Singapore was a very long and toturous one as I had a combination of a headache, stomach cramp and back ache. It was an uncomfortable journey. I tried to adjust my sitting arrangement, moving from one side to another, but to no avail. I still felt horrible.
.
We arrived at Aunty's place at 9.30pm and for the first time, I didn't carry any bags up the apartment. I was too sick to do anything. But I did eat some rice, chicken and dahl, just to fill my
stomach.
.
After dinner, to ease my discomfort, I laid down on the mattress. I slept soon after that.
.
I woke up at 12.30am, with stomch cramps and backache ... and this time, feeling nauseous. I threw up my dinner. It was a painful ordeal as I felt s though I am trying to vomit my stomach out.
.
I tried to sleep after that but was intermittently disturbed by the fact that both my stomach and back were hurting.
.
At 4.30am, I threw up another time. This time, it was a little of my dinner and water. Once again, I endured the painful ordeal.
.
Once again, I tried to sleep but couldn't.
.
At 9am, I decided that enough was enough. I got up and lo and behold, I was feeling much better. So I took a shower to freshen myself.
.
The moment I came out of the bathroom, I felt ill again. Breakfast was Nestum and Milo (Tina told me later that I shouldn't drink Milo when I feel nauseated).
.
I decided to go see the doc. I certainly didn't want to suffer through another night of pain and nausea.
.
The doctor confirmed it was food poisoning and gave me a shot to stop me from feeling dizzy.
.
We walked back to the car, which was parked about 150 meters away. Almost reaching the car, I had to sit on the grass because I wasn't feeling good.
.
During the car ride back, I was feeling terrible and just as we turned into the road going to Aunty's place, I threw up again - for the third time. I saw Milo and Nestum in the plastic bag, which I had the good sense to bring along.
.
I slept from 2.30pm - 4.30pm and felt SO much better after that. Almost 100% well.
.
I decided to go for the performance and was glad I made it. The performance was great. Such great talent!
.
By then, I was feeling like my old self except for the fact that I felt thirsty all the time. I ate one sugar-free sweet to take away my thirst and it was a BIG mistake. After that, my throat stated hurting.
.
By the time we got back, my voice changed. I knew I was in trouble because my throat started hurting and I was begining to cough.
.
I slept pretty well that night.
.
I decided to do a little shopping the next day. I had a list of places to shop at but I didn't make it to all because I felt so exhausted after 2 hours of shopping. I came back early to rest.
.
We left Singapore at 7pm and arrived back at 11.30pm. The journey back was smooth. There were no traffic jams at the immigration and customs area.
.
My cough got worse, though. It's been 3 days since we came back from Singapore and my cough has graduated to a higher level. I coughed till my throat, ears and lungs hurt.
.
Sigh! When will I get better again?

No comments: