Saturday, February 21, 2009

Treasures Under the Bed

Have you ever cleaned your room, turned the bed upside down, dust the entire area and found stuff that you have not seen for years?

Well, two days ago, I took leave just to clean an entire room.

I have a confession to make. Ever since we bought the oversize custom-made bed in 2005, we have not cleaned under it before. Reason? Well, I couldn't lift the entire bed on my own.

I brought Tusi over to give me a hand. I figured that both of us are strong enough the move the heavy bed to one side. And yes, we managed to shift the entire bed aside to clean underneath it.
.

It was quite dusty PLUS I found so many things (most of it were worthless) I haven't seen for years. The only thing of value was dear hubby's wedding band!!! Imagine. He hasn't been wearing it for more than a year and knew that it might be either under the bed or at his very cluttered table in his office.

Another thing I found was a cheque made payable to yours truly, amounting RM2,000 and dated 2007! I was not too worried about it because it was a marketing scheme by the bank to deceive people into paying extra interest charges for that "loan".

We started cleaning the room from 10am and only finished at 4.30pm. We had McDonald's for lunch and after that BS Ong came to replace my ceiling fan (ah!! will blog about this some other time)

By the end of the day, I was feeling exhausted to the bone. My bones ached, my backbone hurt and I was feeling extremely tired. I was thinking that cleaning my house is worse than climbing a mountain. I felt sore with just a few hours of room cleaning as compared with the Ledang Climb
(a total 8-9 hours climb) about 2 weeks ago.

But at the end of the day, I looked back and knew that it had been a fruitful day. :)

No comments: