Saturday, June 7, 2008

Gunung Datuk for the 3rd Time


One would've thought that climbing up Gunung Datuk for the 3rd time would be an easy task for me but I still found it daunting and tiring.
.
I was supposed to join another group going to Gunung Angsi but a last-minute trip to Singapore made that almost impossible. So, Gunung Datuk, it is!
.
Not wanting to go there without any guys, we (Esther and I) made plans to meet up with a group of "young" people at Gunung Datuk.
.
The climb up was tiring. I started panting 20 minutes after we started. Then there were many 5-seconds stops along the way. Two girls were sick and one vomitted out her breakfast but they managed to somehow overcome their light-headedness and even overtook us. I keep telling myself that they are at least 10 years younger than me and that's why they seemed to climb up so effortlessly. (grrr!!!)
.
The weather was perfect! It was not raining, though earlier it threatened to pour. It was not sunny either. But when we reached to the small clearing at the 1st summit, the skies were dark. Esther and I decided to go down without waiting for the rest.
.
About 1 hour later, it started to drizzle ... then it got heavier. And then it got lighter again. Then it stopped... and we arrived at the foothill.
.
The statistics :-
2 hours to reach the 1st summit
1 hour 45 minutes to get down to the foothill
Water consumption - 700ml of water and 200ml 100 plus
Food - None

No comments: