Thursday, June 5, 2008

Petrol Price Increased by 41%


Tuesday's Star papers announced that the decision by the government to revise the price of petrol on June 4th, 2008 would take place with immediate effect. Even though I had slightly more than half tank full, I drove into a petrol station to fill it up that morning.
.
Wednesday evening when the news broke out concerning the 41% hike of petrol prices, many people rushed out to the petrol stations. At first I was puzzled by the sight of the many cars on the road. Later I realised that they were all heading for the petrol stations.
.
Driving past a few petrol stations at 11.15pm, I could still see many cars queuing at various stations. Some spent 3 hours just waiting for their turn - what a waste of precious time! One of my colleague's friends waited about 1 hour before his turn came and was told that he could only fill up RM30 worth of petrol.
.
Petrol price was raised from RM1.92 toRM2.70 per litre, the highest percentage of price hike eversince I started driving. It is no longer cheap to own and maintain a car these days. What is even terrifying is that it's going to increase even more in months to come. :(
.
For those of you out there who have yet to own a car, remain car-less for a long as possible.

No comments: