Saturday, June 28, 2008

Pre-Climb Dinner


We had our pre-climb dinner at my parents' place just now. The purpose of this dinner is to allow us to get to know each other better as 3 from the group are not from Agape. We sang our theme song, "Higher Ground" before adjourning to the dining table - where we had an 11 course dinner spread before us.


Dinner was whipped up by my "super" mum and Tusi. I had to work until 6pm (I left the office at 6.20pm) and didn't lift my finger to help my mum - so all credit goes to her (and Tusi) :)

Some went back as early as 9pm, while others stuck around, singing some oldies until 11pm. The living room was practically transformed into a "karaoke joint", with Voon Fui being the lead guitarist. Esther, Rachel, Eunice, Rajen, Peter Lai, Dad and Mum sang. Some songs were sung at a higher key, thus making some of us sing out of tune. Whatever it is, we had a great time singing.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Many thanks to your parents for the warm hospitality. I am sure all who came had a great time and bonded well. The food was delicious and the fellowship was great.

Hmmm...shall we consider a similar post-climb dinner a month from now??

Rachel said...

KG,a post-climb dinner should be fun. Like last year, we can let others see the compiled pictures of the climb. Hopefully everyone will co-operate and send in the pics early.