Sunday, July 20, 2008

Mrs Ong



She taught me Maths when I was in Standard 1
And was my class teacher when was in Standard 6
.
I was a Brownie from Standards 4-6
And she was one of the Brownie teachers who taught me
.
She once praised me on my sequin sewing
And used one of my projects as a sample
.
One day, I played truant and skipped a Brownie meeting
She saw me (and my friends) in town and gave us a good lecture
.
.
It's been years (err... more than 20 years) since I last saw Mrs Ong. I've always remembered her as a skinny and slightly frail BUT firm teacher. She gave her very best when she taught us - we can see the passion in her when she teaches us.
.
Last Sunday, I had the opportunity of seeing her at Curry Leaf. She didn't really recognise me - which means I was not naughty enough for her to remember me - but then, it's been years since she taught me. I don't blame her cause I looked totally different from the scrawny girl I was in Standard 6.

No comments: