Wednesday, July 23, 2008

Would you hug a person with HIV/AIDS?



What will your reaction be if you found out that your long time friend is HIV positive? Will you still hug them?
.
I've been asking people around me that question for the past few days. Some of them looked as though the cat got hold of their tongue. It was a full 20 seconds before they answered me, "Sure, why not?" But the nervous tell tale sign of fear was apparent on their faces.
.
Last Sunday, a lady walked into the church. She is HIV positive. She's had it for more than 10 years and her latest check-up showed that her immune system is stronger than a normal person's.
.
She's currently serving with Hope Foundation where people (especially women and children)with HIV/AIDS can go to for support.
.
God has changed her life. From what she considered as a huge disadvantage, God turned it around and used her for His glory. :)
.
And yes, I did give her a hug...

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I've hugged a few hundred (including very close friends). Need helpers to help me hug the rest. :)

Rachel said...

Let me know when hugs are needed. I know that sometimes, a hug is enough to light up a person's day, especially when they think that all hope is gone and that their future looks bleak