Monday, May 12, 2008

X-Rayed

I've had some problems with my left hand about 20 days ago. My little finger felt weak and I couldn't bend it without feeling the bones rubbing against each other. (I'm sure there's a scientific word for it) It was not painful at first and I thought that it would be back to normal in 1-2 days time.
.
I was wrong. It became painful with each passing day. As usual, I was stubborn enough NOT to go see the doctor, thinking that it will get better if I don't overstrain it.
.
About 2 days ago, the pain was unbearable in the morning. I felt as though I slept on my finger throughout the night. I couldn't even straighten out my hand without feeling the pain. I knew I had to see the doctor.
.
This morning, I finally made an appointment to see an orthopedic surgeon in Columbia Hospital. My conversation with Dr. T went like this:-
.
Dr T. : What's wrong with you?
Rachel : My little finger hurts
Dr T. : Wah! So many rings...
Rachel : Ya-loh. The last ring (pointing to ring-less little finger) is suffer-RING
Dr T. : So, what happened? Did you punch anyone lately?
Rachel : No. I don't know what happened.
.
Dr T. suggested that I have my hand x-rayed just to see if there was anything wrong with my bones. As you can tell from the x-ray, my hand is in perfect condition. Oh, the ring is there because I couldn't take it out from my middle finger. It has been there for more than 10 years. Of course-lah, during the last 10 years I put on some weight (hehe!). I managed to get the two other rings out :-)
.
Dr T. thinks I might've sprained my little finger. He suggested some pills and cream AND physiotherapy. I told him I don't have time to go for physiotherapy. So at the moment, I'm on pills and cream.
.
I truly hope that I would get better soon for the big climb in July. Also, I'm a leftie (95%) and it is really difficult to do most things with my right.

No comments: