Tuesday, November 18, 2008

Christmas Musical 2008 - Dressing-up of Stage (1st Day)

I was kinda dreading for this day to come. Why? Because it marks the begining of a very hectic month. Because it is the first day of Stage Dressing and up to yesterday, I wasn't sure of what needed to be done. Err... of course I had some ideas ... but me, being a very last minute kind of person, had to scramble to get all the paint, stapler (even though I already had 2 in my possession), etc this morning itself. I only roughly knew what paint I had left over from last year.
For a moment, my car looked like a "contractor's car" - so messy and full of painting stuff.

It was a good thing last Sunday, I had people helped me shift all the things out from the cabin to the education block. That saved us at least 1.5 hours of precious time.
Everyone pitched in to help ... even little Brian.

What we did first thing today was to sort out what we needed from the huge pile of paper mache.

To my horror, we only found one section of last year's painting. I tried searching for it again ... and was really disappointed with the outcome. I figured we had to make do with what we had and repaint one whole section of newly made paper mache.

After we stapled most parts and painted one part, Eunice came to us with the good news. Literally. She brought with her another section of last year's painting. I was indeed relieved!!!! You should hear my BIG sigh of relief.

I quickly asked J.Lin to take out the half-painted part and restaple with this painted one. Gosh! That really saved us 2-3 hours of painting.


Alas!! We still did not have enough of last year's painting to cover everything ... but I'm not too worried as it was only a small section. :)

Lunch time came and I asked them to feel free to eat the food cooked by my mum - Non-spicy mee hoon and yummy home-fried goreng pisang. I was just too lazy to go out to pack lunch for them, so I made arrangements for mum to cook.


Some ate ... but some went out to get food from A&W. Gosh!!! These are youths and I was really surprised that they had money to get food which cost 8 times more than what was provided!!! Nevertheless, they were kind enough to get extra root beer for some of us. For that, I was grateful because at that moment, I craved something "Sweet" and cold!!! Forget the fact that I am still coughing every now and then. Iced drink won hands down.


By about 3.45pm, I got everyone to help put things away neatly. We created a huge mess during the short time we were there and I didn't want to be in Y.Chan's blacklist.

I told them that they could only go back AFTER everything was neat and tidy. And so, they begun cleaning the place with a driven mission. They were tired, I guess and wanted to go back early.
We finished cleaning up by 4.30pm and by the time I left church, it was almost 5pm. And no, I didn't go back home and collapse. Eunice and I went to Ah Seng's place to have something light. More importantly, we needed a refreshing drink to quench our thirst.

Then we went out to look for baskets. That took quite a while because the "boss" wasn't in and we needed to ask if he could do us a favour and make some of the baskets looks as though it was half completed. His 10 minutes turned out to be 20 minutes ... and when he came back to the shop, there was a further long discussion with him.

We went to C.Leaf after that - not for dinner, but for a drink. Indeed, we were really dehydrated.


Well, our first day of dressing up the stage went well, ahead of schedule, I might add, thanks to the 17 people who sacrificed their time to come and be a part of my plan of having free labour. :)

1 comment:

@nne said...

it's true that youths these days have more money than adults. it's said they have an unending supply of money from God-knows where.