Monday, November 3, 2008

Stung


Many years ago, during cell meeting at my place, my niece, En, was stung by a bee when she stepped on one. She was about 5 or 6 years old at that time.

Esther and I rushed her to CMH. In the frenzied car ride, we tried to pacify a crying En by talking to her to take her mind off the pain. Even that, after every few minutes, she'd cry a little, saying that it was painful. We asked her to describe the pain and she said, "It's like someone taking a knife and cutting me with it".

Yesterday, for the first time in my life, I got stung by a bee. I was in the midst of drying the clothes, when I stepped on one almost dead bee, who still managed to sting me a little before leaving this earth.

Oooouuuucccchhhh!!!

I thought back about what En said. It's true!

It was painful!!! The whole sole of my left foot was in pain. And to think that En got a full-blown sting years ago and only cried a little! Bravo, little girl!

No comments: