Thursday, November 6, 2008

Return of the Cough

I stoppped coughing for about 1 week in October. Relieved at finally being able to do things which I couldn't while coughing, I started eating chilli and fried food, I went out to the "New" Lake Garden to exercise, I drank cold "air kelapa" (coconut water) ... etc, etc, etc.

On October 30th, while searching through one of my bags, I found a bottle of Redoxon Effervescent Vitamin C (I had stopped taking Vitamin C for about a week or so) and had the sudden urge to consume 1 tablet (1000mg).

I filled water into my mug, dropped in one tablet, waited for it to dissolve and drank.
.
Big mistake!
.
In the evening, my throat started to itch and by night time, I started coughing. Next morning, I woke up with discomfort in my chest and throat area.
.
And I coughed ... and I coughed .... and I coughed!!!
.
Now, a week later, I am still coughing :(
.
I have learned my lesson, though. NO Vitamin C for me unless I am FULLY recovered.
.
FYI, I have given the remaining tablets of the Vitamin C to my colleague, Mr Liew.

No comments: