Thursday, May 21, 2009

Ablaze


Ten days of fasting and prayer begins TODAY.
.
.
There are 4 different types of fasting:-
.
Total Fast
Abstain from solid food for 24 hours. Take only water.
.
Partial Fast
Abstain from solid food for an extended part of the day. Take only water. The duration of the fast is 12 hours begining from 7am to 7pm.
.
One Meal Fast
Sacrifice one full meal a day e.g. lunch, dinner. The fast should last until the next meal.
.
Daniel Fast
Abstain from meat and other favourite delicacies. Take only small portions of vegetables, fruits and juices.


I will most probably do a one meal fast (breakfast) and daniel fast for 10 days. Hmm.... except for the 23rd, I guess ... because I need my energy for a mountain that I am going to conquer :-)
.
Other than that, there's a mountain to move through fasting and prayer.

No comments: