Monday, May 25, 2009

Sick

I don't really get sick very often but when I do, I'd suffer a lot.
.
Last Thursday, I went to work feeling a little weak. I had a lot to do at work and decided to finish everything before I succumb to collapsing.
.
By 9.40am, I was just too weak to even think, so I left the office. I had cold sweat and was feeling weaker by the minute. Driving back was a long torture. The moment I arrived home, I collapsed onto my bed (err.. it was super hot, I made time to switch on the air-cond and fan)
.
By 11am, I was still feeling weak and knew that I needed more than an hour's worth of rest. So I slept until 11.30am.
.
Feeling groggy, I went back to work. I lasted only 1 hour before I felt terrible again. I just couldn't focus on anything at all. It was then that I decided that I needed to take a day off to rest.
.
I left the office for the second time that day.
.
I called dear hubby, told him my condition and asked him to pack a MacDonald's porridge for me. He was kind enough to oblidge, despite his heavy schedule.




I went back and guess what? Cars were everywhere. Parents were waiting for their children just outside the school. And the bad news is, I couldn't even ask the drivers to remove their cars from the road fronting my house ... simply because they were not in.


These two Wiras blocked my gate

.

I went further and parked my car elsewhere.
.
Once again, the moment I reached home, I collapsed.


Dear hubby came back a little later with my lunch. Yummy!!!I was feeling super hungry by that time because I fasted in the morning.
.
He even drove my car into the porch area later. So sweet of him, yeah?
.
By 2.30pm, I was feeling a lot better and very much wide awake. I decided to make full use of my leave (I didn't see a doctor and will be applying for emergency leave) by making a birthday card for dear hubby, going to the Socso Office and to church to see what can be salvaged from last year's Kidz Safari.
.
That night, I went for class and even though I didn't feel 100% well, I enjoyed the class and was able to absorb what was being taught.
.
In hind sight, falling ill forced me to take a break from work PLUS allowing me to get all the errands done. :)

No comments: