Wednesday, May 27, 2009

Vegetarian for 10 Days

I've always thought that I could be a vegetarian because I love the greens. Plus, I don't take red meat, pork and most fish.
.
For the recent Ablaze programme, I decided to skip a meal and be a vegetarian for 10 days.
.
Guess what? It was really difficult. I broke the vegetarian diet on the first day itself, when I was sick and weak and had to eat chicken porridge to regain strength. On the second day, I went mountain climbing. I figured I needed energy, so I ate meat. On the third day, I forgot that cakes have eggs and broke the diet.
.
Finally, on the 4th day, I managed to stay on non-meat diet the WHOLE day.
.
Dear hubby loves meat and claimed that eating non-meat meals is against his religion (!!!!). On the 4th day, I cooked Spaghetti Alfredo - very fattening, but hey, it's vegetarian. And yeah, dear hubby got conned into being a vegetarian for a meal.
.
On the 5th day, I had rojak for lunch and broccoli with onions for dinner. Yummy!!!!
.
I wonder what the next 5 days would be like. I have come to realise that being a vegetarian is tough and requires lots of discipline, especially when I have to stay off eggs. Also, when I went to the Nasi Kandar restaurant in Subang yesterday, the sotong sambal looked so appealing. Gosh! I was really tempted to take a bite of that succulent sotong. Mmmmm.....

No comments: