Friday, May 8, 2009

Coins From the Piggy Bank


About a month ago, dear hubby's asked if I could do him a favour by taking out the coins from his three piggy (actually they are doggies and a container) banks and exchanging them for notes. My reward? 10% from the entire amount.

Gleefully, I started working on one of the doggie bank. To my dismay, when I turned it upside down, only coins as big as the 20 cents could get through. The 50 cents couldn't get out of the hole and I had to take it out via the slim hole that is used for slotting coins in.

I spent about TWO (yeah, two whole hours) hours on one doggie bank and couldn't continue on to the other one as my hands were aching from the weight of the coins.

The next day, I worked on the other doggie bank and again, spent two hours on it.

At the end of it, I counted the total amount and it was only RM300+, which means that I get about RM30. Hmmm.... 4 hours (plus, plus) for RM30? I seriously think it was not worth it.

No comments: