Saturday, June 20, 2009

Taipei

Many people's idea of unwinding after a hard day at work is to veg out in front of the one-eyed monster. And I can understand it because after many hours of pouring out their energy, using their brains to tackle problems at the office, being a couch potato at the end of the day simply means not doing anything productive, taking in, instead of pouring out.

For me, unwinding means either reading a book or playing games on the computer. And you must understand that MY version of computer games is so obsolete, yet it's as mind boggling as the latest online war-like games.


Among games like Free Cell (I think that Free Cell is better than Solitaire because it makes me think and strategise a lot) and Bejeweled, I like this game called Taipei.

It's basically eliminating the tiles pair by pair and believe it or not, I don't normally win this game. It has something to do with strategy PLUS predicting what's below the other tiles.


Games like the above makes me frustrated. I can't win because the other matching tile is BELOW that tile.



And at the end of it, a small window with the words "Congratulations" pops out - and that's it! No fancy patterns like Free Cell after the game is won.



So far, my record for winning and completing one game stands at 4 minutes and 39 seconds.

Okay ... I'd better stop blogging and play one more game ...... :)

No comments: