Thursday, June 25, 2009

Wanted : Winter in Malaysia

The weather's been so hot and humid these days. The Star online predicts that Malaysians can expect hotter and drier days till September because an El Nino phenomenon is forming. Gulp!!!
.
I did what I had to do. I needed cool air to survive.



First of all, the OLD air-cond in our room has to go. We "inherited" it from Bro Chow when he sold us the house 10 years ago. And this unit is more than 20 years old!!! It's still functioning but it takes like forever to cool the room down plus, I had to be at a strategic place to feel the air-cond. Believe it or not, on a really humid day (or even night), I could even sweat while the noisy air-cond blows out inadequate cool air.


Another air-conditioning unit was installed at the dining area. Yeah ... the casings for the wiring and pipes looked terrible but it was the best they could do in 3 hours.
.
I don't think the house would be cold enough for me because the new units are only 1hp each. Given a choice, I would've installed 2hps each but I don't think my ELCB could take it because it's only 1 phase. Sigh!! Yeah ... we actually thought of changing it to 3 phase but I don't think I can handle more "operation scars" done to my house.



No comments: