Wednesday, February 25, 2009

And the Rain Saved the Greens


I got home yesterday evening, looked up at the darkened sky and thought to myself, "Yes! I can sleep tonight"

It's February and that normally meant HOT, dry weather. For the past few weeks, even though a friend from Banting kept insisting that it rains over there daily, on MY side it was hot, dry and humid. So much so that I'd get people to pack lunch for me cause going out in the scorching sun could mean risking my life to the big C called Skin Cancer.

It DID rain three days ago ... and yesterday, it rained in the morning as well as in the evening.



I looked at the three red bamboos I have just outside the compound of my house. I saw the already-turning-yellow leaves screaming for joy. The rain has come to save them from being ostracised. They will be green once again.

No comments: