Monday, February 2, 2009

Birthday Girls

We had a birthday party last Friday.

A few weeks ago, I was "informed" by my 3 other colleagues that we (yep! including me) will be celebrating our birthday on Jan 30th, 2009. Why January? Because of of our birthdays is in December, another 2 in January and one more in February.


The plan was to get a cake from Secret Recipe, sing the birthday song, cut the cake and share it with everyone. I suggested that we get a few different types to make up one cake.

A day before the birthday do, I told Rajen of our plans and he offered to buy us all lunch. He said that we can't be spending ourselves.

And so, the day finally came. Linda and Ramlah went out early to get the cake AND lunch.



We only got to sing the birthday song at 2.15pm. (Another long story as to why this couldn't be done earlier ... I will skip this part!!!!)

We brought the cake into my room, closed the door and began singing :

Happy Birthday to us
Happy Birthday to us
Happy Birthday to us
Happy Birthday to us

Then we cut the cake and blew out one candle each.

The whole scene makes me laugh - especially when we started singing the birthday song to ourselves. Makes me think that no one loves us enough to celebrate our birthdays and that we had to do it ourselves!

I think this is fun. We should do stuff like this once in a while. Let down our hair and have fun. After all work is not only about working, it is how to have fun at work.

2 comments:

Jian said...

I am very tempted to eat those cakes...Geee...xD

Rachel said...

Ah! Too bad. It's all gone!