Friday, February 27, 2009

Stoplock

I've always never bothered much about extra safety where my car is concerned - even when once, someone broke into my car to steal my handbag (which was hidden somewhere).

A few weeks ago, we were on a mini shopping spree in KL. MinChee had the honour of driving my car. One of the places we went to was Lau Yat Plaza. MinChee, being MinChee, always wanted a cheaper, if not free, parking spot. After getting a FREE, legal parking spot, she realised that I didn't have anything to lock the steering wheel ... and lectured me on how I should keep my car safe, etc, etc, etc.

Two weeks ago, we went to Jusco because of the "member's" sale.

Because MinChee was there, and I was in a very long queue at the cashier's, I asked her to grab a steering lock. I wasn't even bothered if she got a good one or not. But MinChee, being Minchee, knew exactly which brand I should buy.


She got me a STOPLOCK brand.

Well, me, being a procastinater, it took me about 10 days before I even attempt to test it out.



Being so ignorant, I tried this (above pic) first, then after a while, realised that something looked wrong.


I slid one part of it under the steering wheel. It still didn't look right. I tried to steer and found that the stoplock would only hit the side door when I steered to the right. If I steered to the left, there would not be any problems. It didn't make any sense because the "thief" would still be able to steal it with little difficulty.



I decided to ask MinChee to demonstrate. And she taught me how it was supposed to be done. Silly me!!!

And oh yeah, this is part of my Valentine's Day gift. Dear hubby gave me $$ to get whatever I wanted..... I'm just so practical, ya?








No comments: