Sunday, March 1, 2009

Recycling the Newspapers


I have a few piles of newspapers all around the house. One pile is what I've read. Another pile is newspapers for the last 6-7 days or so. And another pile is what I have yet to read.

The third pile is getting higher and higher. I have unread newspapers dated August 2008. Yeah, I really got to make time to read them all. Some would ask, "They are all old news. Why do you want to read them?" Well, I do not read every single line. What I'd do is to glance through the pages and if something caught my attention, I'd read the entire piece.

For at least 2 months I didn't hear the "Old Newspaper" blasting out from the speakers of mobile pick-up trucks. My "read" newspapers got higher and higher and higher.

Finally, yesterday, I heard the familiar, "Surat khabar lama, surat khabar lama" and immediately, I went out to ask him to stop.

He told me that he'd only give me 7 cents per KG. And I answered that as long a I am able to get rid of it, I am not too bothered with how much he wanted to give me per KG.

I heard that in the US, you had to pay people if you want your stuff to be recycled.

Nevertheless, the total is 44 KG and I receieved a total of RM3.10 for it.

No comments: