Monday, July 6, 2009

50th Anniversary of Louis and Sothie


Celebrating one's 50th wedding anniversary is indeed a very big thing. When I first got married, especially the first two years of our marriage, it was very difficult imagining myslef being married for even 5 years. And I often "wowed" at couples who already celebrated their 10th or 20th wedding anniversary.


Last weekend my husband and I were invited to Sothie and Louis' 50th wedding anniversary. Friends and relatives flew in from as far as Australia, Holland, America and other parts of the world to celebrate with them.

The following pictures are friends and relatives who came for the anniversary dinner...



The reason for me taking all these pictures is to help me remember who is who. This family is so big and they are scattered all over the world. I don't see them often and celebrations like this helps everyone come together as a family. No doubt the Internet plays a very big role helping us in keeping in touch with friends and relatives who live miles and miles away from us but it's nothing like MEETING up and seeing each other face-to-face.

No comments: