Friday, July 10, 2009

Marriage - The Final Frontier

Recently I attended a wedding dinner of a man who is a trekkie fan. Everything, from his wedding invite, to the ballroom decor and his outfit was Star Trek based.
The Entrance - this resembles part of The Enterprise

The Backdrop ........ Marriage - The Final Frontier

The ballroom - Dark coloured (I was quite certain it was dark blue but Rajen said it was black)cloth hung above with strings of lights illuminating through it creating a space-like ambience.

Quark's Bar - Free flow of alchoholic drinks was served here

Each table number had the name of a space ship plus the star trek emblem


Instead of flowers, on the main VIP table sat The Enterprise


The other VIP table had this huge balls ... I think it's supposed to be planets



This base plate had the Star Trek emblem printed onto it.


The menu goes like this :-

Betazed Oskoid
Seared Hokkaido Scallops with Tobiko Granny Smith Apple and walnut Salad

Vulcan Plomeek Soup
Edamame Cappucino with Foie Gras Ravioli

Cardassian Regova
Pink Pomelo Sherbet

Klingon Heart of Targ
Pan Seared beef Medallion Au Jus, Cauliflower Puree and Citrus Jus

Bajoran Hasperat
Chestnut Mousse with Crispy Chocolate Feuilletine and Praline Ice Cream

Ferengi Coffee or Tea
Coffee or Tea

Thalian Chocolates
Petit fours / Macaroons


As you can tell, dinner looked great. It tasted great too. I was stuffed by the end of the night.





The Blue Lychee drink looks like it would taste weird but it's just a lychee drink.




The door gift - I am not exactly sure what is this ... I thought it was a soap dish with soap in it but when I opened it, there were 5 small chocolates in it.




When I first saw this cake, I thought it was just an ordinary 3-tiered cake. Later, Rajen (also a trekki fan) told me that it was a replica of a three dimensional chess set which Kirk and Spock played on the Enterprise.



Even the groom was dressed in one of the outfits shown in the earlier Star Trek episodes

NOTE : I AM NOT A STAR TREK FAN AND SOME OF WHICH IS DESCRIBED IN THIS POST MIGHT NOT BE ACCURATE


No comments: