Friday, July 3, 2009

Last Day of Class


You're thinking that I should be jumping up and down for joy at the mention of "the Last Day of Class", right? Wrong!

True, I moan about attending classes every Thursday because of my hectic after work activities. But this class had been an eye-opener where cults and religions are concerned. I learned so much about other religions and why they believe what they believe.

Rev. Lim taught us for 12 consecutive weeks (not the usual 14 weeks). I missed two classes because I was severely sick last month.

For those of you who know me, I don't do well sitting in one place for a long period of time. I tend to fall asleep if someone talks for more than 1/2 hour. But this class is sooo interesting, I didn't fall asleep at all. Well, there was once when Rev. Lim was bombarding us with all the facts on one particular cult and hearing all those "rubbish" made me tune everything out and as a result, I got a little sleepy. Also, that day, I was feeling exhausted after all the running up and down, taking care of my mother in law, going to Shah Alam for road shows, etc, etc, etc.

We had our last class yesterday and we were told to bring a dish each for this bitter sweet day. A few of us came empty handed and I was one of them. I just didn't have the time. I rushed home from work, showered and came to church.


Nevertheless, food was in abundance and very nicely varied. We didn't even discuss what we wanted to bring!!! There were sandwiches (yummy), Aunty Chris' mouth watering chocolate cake, yong tau foo, mangoesteen, rambutan, (no durians, though!!), roasted chicken from Tesco, roast pork, deep fried devil (not sure how to translate this) ... oh well, the picture of the food says it all.

As I've said earlier, I learned a lot from Rev. Lim and I find it helpful when I talk to people of a different faith. It helps me understand theirt point of view and how not to aggravate them when they don't believe in "certain" things.

And yes, I thoroughly enjoyed every session - even though I hardly asked any questions.

No comments: