Friday, July 17, 2009

No Dinner


I placed an order with MacDonald's (MacD) last night at 9.10pm, timing it in such a way that when dear hubby gets back, the food would arrive.

MCTC, Eunice, MinChee and Matt were already at my place, preparing dinner for themselves. Yes, THEY prepared dinner. MinChee and Matt cooked one packet of Maggi Mee (or a version of it cause it doesn't smell like Maggi Mee at all) while MCTC spread butter onto a few slices of home-made bread made by Bro Chow.

Eunice prepared the fruits (orange, apple, star fruit, banana) and vegetables (celery, carrot) to be blended for our dinner.

And so, when dear hubby came back at 9.40pm, the MacD meal hadn't arrived. I waited until 9.55pm before I called the call center and was told that the delivery boy would arrive in a few minutes.

I was puzzled because in the past, any delivery boy who wasn't sure of the location of my house would give me a call within 40 minutes from my placing the order. And so far, even after 45 minutes, there was no call.

I waited until 10.20pm (1 hour 10 minutes from the time I first ordered) before I placed my next call to the call center. The person who answered (the same person who picked up my call earlier) was puzzled and said that he would investigate on his side and call me back.

He called back, 5 minutes later, to tell me that there was some technical error in their computer system and the order which I placed at 9.10pm didn't even register in the MacD restaurant in my area here.

It's a good thing I am generally a very calm (haha!! sometimes) and patient person. I told him that it was not a problem on my side but I ended the conversation with "Well, I've got no dinner now".

Dear hubby was a little mad, though and I had to explain that we couldn't fault them because it was a technical problem, something which was out of their hands plus the fact that they didn't know that they had a problem.

Anyway, my dinner turned out to be two cups of fruit juice, which was very filling indeed. Dear hubby had bread and butter (he said it's like having breakfast at night).

No comments: