Saturday, July 25, 2009

Mansions in the Afterlife


Even as I lay on my stomach and to blog about this, I hear the clanging of cymbals and the chanting of voices just outside my house.
.
Last night, I half-witnessed the burning of a huge glittering mansion (and other fancy stuff) made of paper as a huge crowd gathered just outside my neighbour's house. Frankly, I was more worried about the fact that the flames might reach the overlaying electricity cables and we would be out of power for days!!
.
I thought about the paper mansion and how some people think that by burning these replicas, the person whose body lays in the coffin would be able to enjoy these fine things in their afterlife.

I thought about what I believe in. I know that MY MANSION will be prepared and ready for me when I get to Heaven, not because some other people burned paper replicas but the fact that God said so. :)

1 comment:

@nne said...

u shud haf been at my grandpa's funeral. they amount of things they burnt cud burn a hole in the ozone layer.