Wednesday, July 15, 2009

Being Healthy

My blood pressure readings have never touched the perfect 120/80 eversince I was 21 years old - and that was years ago. And since then, it has gone progressively worse.
.
I was on the BP pill for a short while but stopped because I can't seem to remember to take it on a daily basis.
.
Last month, when I was severely sick, my BP shot up to as high as 168/110. I panicked. It was the highest reading I ever had. I guess my being sick made it higher.


I bought a blender recently and decided to "eat" healthily. I started off with carrot and apple. Then carrot, apple and banana. The banana made it easy for us to swallow. A few days after I started my almost daily juice intake, my mum said that carrots have high sugar content. And that practically blew me off. I thought carrots were healthy.
.
Someone told me a long time ago that celery helps reduce blood pressure. So does starfruit. Bitter gourd too. Yucks!! I tried eating celeries raw but I just didn't like the taste. Star fruit tastes weird without salt (and salt was what got me in this mess) ... and bitter gourd ... well, let's just say that I wouldn't miss it one bit if it was an endangered plant.
.
What we did last week was blend 5 types :- carrot, celery, starfruit, green apple and of course, banana. It was GREAT. Healthy, too. No bitter gourds though. I really detest the horrible taste.
.
Hopefully, by the time I go for my next blood pressure test, it would show good results!! :-) In the meantime, if anyone has "extra" carrots, celeries, starfruits, green apples and bananas, send it my way.

No comments: