Wednesday, July 1, 2009

Piano Recital


I was at a piano recital at Yamaha, KL, last week. Rajen's cousin, Sothie and niece, Sonali, played the piano in aid of the TMC KL Community Centre Project.
.
Even though I am not musically "literate" ... and therefore, do not know what No. 2 in Bb minor, op. 31 or Rhapsody in Blue means, I could tell that they played beautifully. I was amazed at how agile and fast Sothie's fingers were, especially since she's in her mid-70's. They didn't just play two songs. In total, 11 songs were played. Wow!! My fingers feel tired for them but when I asked Sothie about it, she said that she feels tired mentally, and not physically. I guess it's because she had to concentrate and focus on the different songs that she played.
.
She took the time to explain every piece and the different beats. It helped me understand and appreciate the pieces that they played.



Guess who was the guest of honour? Our ex-PM, TunMahathir. I have never seen him in person before and this is truly such a surprise. He sat right in front and I managed to catch his full profile during the intermission, when he walked out of the room. I must say, he looked slim and trim and at his age, he looked great!

No comments: