Wednesday, March 25, 2009

Butterfly Farm, Malacca

After the Bee Museum, we went to the Butterfly Farm. Errr... I am not exactly sure if "Farm" is the correct word to use cause in Malay it is Taman Rama-Rama, which means Butterfly Garden. Oh well, I've always refered to it as Butterfly Farm.

Anyway, when we got there, we were asked to pay RM3 for each camera. I didn't think there was much to take so I told them that we will only be using one camera, that is Eunice's.


Ice-cream greeted us and both En and Brian chose theirs. I made them pay for the ice-cream. I think the ice-cream lady was surprised that I didn't pay for them. In actual fact, before we left for Malacca, I had given them each RM3 to spend. I jokingly told En that I was giving her money so that she could spend me!! Upon hearing that, she asked her mum for more money!!! Ha!

Anyway, it was nice seeing the pay for their own ice-cream. Gotta teach them to pay for their own meals at some stage!

There was this huge cylindrical cage with lovebirds in it. Eunice took many pictures here but most of the time, the birds weren't that cooperative :)

We got En and Brian to take a picture with a huge iguana. I didn't know it was a live one and asked Brian to step closer to the creature. He knew it was alive and I saw the look of terror on his face when the lady petted the reptile. A live parrot was placed on En's left shoulder and the picture was taken!



After that, we looked around and saw some birds and a cage full of monkeys swinging from one end to another.



We then went into a souvenir shop and saw the sign saying welcome to Taman Rama-Rama. We went through that and came to a little garden. We saw very few butterflies. In fact, I think we only got to see FIVE butterflies in that little garden.

We followed the sign saying "Insect Cave". En was so afraid when she saw the sign. She expected to go into some dark cave full of insects (like the beetle, flies, ants, etc). We managed to persuade her to continue walking.


I expected to see more butterflies but instead, we saw other animals - crocodiles, leopards, peacock, snakes, tortise, otters, emu, etc. It was like a mini zoo.



I certainly wasn't expecting to see anything except butterflies. I guess we got more than we bargained for :)

We had to be "chased out" because the farm closes at 5.30pm. The tail end of the walk was rather hurried. We didn't really mind because all the walking plus the humidity made us feel weak and exhausted.

We were contemplating whether to bring them into Malacca town because that was what we planned earlier but I figured that it might be too late by the time we leave Malacca, so we headed for the Ayer Keroh toll instead.



We stopped at the overhead bridge rest area to have something light to eat. En wanted her KFC rice but was out voted by the rest of us who wanted A&W. We ordered 3 large rootbeer floats, 1 waffle, on set pancake, curly fries and french fries to be shared by 5 of us.

Both the waffle and pancakes turned out to be yucky. It tasted as though it was cooked ages ago and reheated when we placed the order. The pancake tasted bland. I told Tusi that she makes better pancakes.

After A&W, we packed En's KFC rice. I also wanted to try their pop corn chicken. We had to wait a long time at the queue because there were so many school children in front of us. We must've taken about 1/2 hour to get the food.

After that, we left. I managed to stay awake while driving back to Seremban, though I was feeling a little tired.

I hope both En and Brian enjoyed themselves cause I certainly did!!! :)

1 comment:

MelakaYouTube said...

a truly living experience