Friday, March 20, 2009

A Rare Sight

We have two 29" TVs at home. One in the bedroom and the other, in the living room. The former gets used every night while the latter was practically a white elephant, taking up precious space in our small house.
.
I don't think we have switched on the living room TV for more than 5 years. It's not that it's not a good TV. (It's a Sony!!) We just didn't have enough people clamouring for the one-eyed monster. The TV and I do not get along well. I'd get restless, sitting down in one position for too long.
.
We have been wanting to give it away to my mother in law for a year now but somehow, we didn't make time for it.
.
About a week ago, my mother in law's old 21" TV called it quits and decided to retire for good. It was definitely a good time to MAKE TIME to give the TV to her. And so we did! And along with it, we lent her our TV cabinet.

We took out lots of stuff in the cabinet and discovered these video tapes that have never seen the light of day for years and years. These tapes, I believe, are facing extinction, with the introduction of CDs and DVDs in the past few years.
.
Truly, these video tapes are a rare sight. Perhaps, in 50 years time, I could even make money selling these rare items. :)

No comments: