Friday, March 6, 2009

Reunion

Time flies the moment you leave high school.

When I was much younger and still tagging along with my parents after church service, my mum once bumped into someone whom she has never seen for more than 20 years. Wow! I was wondering if that would ever happen to me.

You know, during schooling days, we often dread going to school. It always seemed as though school will never end. And yet it did.
Now, almost 20 years later, a small group of us were invited to one of our school mate's wedding dinner. I bet all of us went just to catch up with each other. I, for one, am guilty of it.
.

At first I was quite reluctant to attend this dinner, simply because I heard that so many of us were invited. What if I got tongue-tied and didn't know what to say? I made sure dear hubby would be able to come for this dinner before RSVP-ing that we'd be there, after all, dear hubby is able to talk to just about anyone.

I went there with Denise (someone whom I've kept in contact with over the many years) and when I saw everyone, it was like taking a walk down memory lane. Most of them looked the same. I started chatting with Sathiah before glancing around the hall to see if I could see some familiar non-ex schoolmates' faces. I saw Boon Fee, Indy, Maddy, U. Beng, A. Sally, Sis Pang and Bro Pang. The latter four sat together on one table and had a few extra seats. They kept asking me to seat with them but I wanted to catch up with my ex-school mates.
.

Dear hubby was supposed to seat next to me but a girl from the next table came over and therefore, hubby was "kicked" to U. Beng's table.

There was one girl whom I really can't remember. I can't place her name nor her face. I did, however, tried to get her to recall which class she was in during primary school. I discovered that we were in the same class in Std 4. Well, I still couldn't remember.

Another girl said my name sounded familiar and when we tried to think back, we found out that we were in the same accounts tuition class.
.

Overall, it had been a night of getting re-acquainted with the people whom we see almost everyday for 5-10 years. Questions like "Married or not?", "How many kids?", "Where are you attached to now?" were exchanged.

Two hours is definitely not enough. Hopefully someone (the baton is being passed from Lena to Denise to .....) would organise a reunion on a yearly basis.

It was indeed time well spent - even though we had to fight with the next door special presentation by some scantily-clad ladies dancing to the beat of the very loud music, to hear ourselves.

No comments: