Saturday, March 7, 2009

Meeting a New Friend

While many people shy away from meeting new people and often keeping only within their own circle of friends, I tend to want to mix around, get to know people from other countries or other cultures.
.
Through skype, I've met up with a few people from Sarawak, Singapore, the Philipines and even as far as the United States. In a sense, these friends whom I've gotten to know over the years, have helped me see their country and culture in a different perspective.
.
Last week, I had yet another opportunity to meet up with another friend. He's from the western side of Asia but is currently working in Malaysia. Because of our different locations, we decided to meet half-way - at Nilai.
.
Eunice decided to tag along. Not sure why, though. According to her, she had nothing to do that afternoon. Honestly speaking, I think she wanted to accompany me incase the meet didn't go too well.
.
Well, we met with this friend, DS, someone with the longest last name I've ever known, at MacDonalds. Ha! Both of us didn't know Nilai too well and settled with McD because it was convenient.
.
The meet went well, I must say. He was easy going and friendly. Even dear twin felt comfortable with him. We chatted for three whole hours! At times, he sounded so much like Indy. At times I even forgot that he was not a Malaysian. True, there were less "lahs" and all those Malaysian slang. Really refreshing!

No comments: