Monday, March 9, 2009

Chopsticks


Using a pair of chopsticks is waaaay different from using the fork and spoon. Many Chinese were taught by their parents to use a pair of chopsticks the correct way but from my err.... limited observation, I've seen quite a number of Chinese using chopsticks the WRONG way.

Let me digress a little. Is there a wrong and right way, you might ask.

The correct way of using a pair of chopsticks is NOT to cross the two sticks when picking up the food.

Anyway, last week, dear hubby and I were out having dinner with 3 other people : two Indians and one German. We ordered some dishes and rice at a Chinese restaurant.

What I noticed almost blew my mind. Everyone, except the German (who was enjoying his crabs with his hands), was using a pair of chopsticks. This is REALLY a rare sight.

Looks to me like : When in Rome, do as the Romans do. :)

No comments: