Thursday, March 26, 2009

Tamron f2.8


I've been dissatisfied with my Tamron 18mm-200mm lens lately and was playing around with DY's Nikon D90. All of a sudden (after much hu ha about changing from a Nikon D70s to the current Canon 400D), I thought of getting a Nikon DSLR. To be more specific, the D90 model (ha! Steve, if you're reading this, don't even think that I'd sell you my 400D). I told DY that I'm just waiting for a newer model ... like a D95 (if any) or something to be launched, and I'd buy that. DY was convinced that it was because of my lens. He suggested that I get the f2.8, 17-50mm lens.
.
I did some research and found that a new original Canon cost RM3.4K. Gulp!!
DY asked me to get a second hand unit but I decided to get a new Tamron (easier on my pockets) instead.
.
I still haven't really tested it out yet and hope to do so this weekend. A few of us will be climbing a small hill near Kuantan to watch the sun rise. How romantic. Pity the hubby prefers sleeping in.

No comments: