Thursday, March 5, 2009

Wrongly Accused

On Monday, three police officers were in my office. They asked us for a copy of our layout plan with all the house addresses, reason being, it would make their job easier should anyone call in for help.
.
We have more than 2000 houses with CF and knowing that would take more than a few minutes to compile everything for them, we asked if they wanted it immdiately. They were kind enough to give us one week to complete the task.
.
After attending to them, my colleague and I went back to our work stations. Not long after that, our dear RE decided to appear and seeing no one attending to them, took an initiative to ask what they were there for.
.
The moment I saw that, I knew that we were in trouble.
.
True enough, the very next day, we were accused of not attending to the police officers' needs. This matter was actually brought up to my big boss' attention and my department was in a hot soup once again. Accodring to him, WE told the officers that we needed two weeks to complete the task.
.
I decided to clarify this matter with my big boss. I had to explain that my colleague and I did attend to their needs and that this dear RE came in AFTER we had spoken to the officers. And yes, it was just like him to assume the worst of us. My exact words were "Don't believe everything he says"
.
I really do not know what he has against us. I'm thinking that maybe he is trying to gain points with my big boss by reporting "untruths".
.
And this has been going on for years!!! Every now and then, we were being wrongly accused behind our backs.
.
And to top it all, he's not even in the same department as me. I get this feeling that he's trying to push his way through until he takes charge of my department because presently, he doesn't have the support of his subordinates and couldn't get anyone to do what he says - simply because he has lost their respect a long time ago.
.
To top it all, everyone else knows that he has done certain things which will definitely not please the management but we did not report any of it, simply because we do not want to play the role of a whistle blower.
.
All we wanted was to work well together. Different departments coming together in unity and understanding. But sad to say, I don't see that happening because of him. Sigh! :(

No comments: