Wednesday, April 15, 2009

G1

Now that I've made up my mind NOT to replace the iphone, I decided to look for BETTER phones; NOT that I am thinking of changing it but well, you know, I'm always thinking "How long will this fragile iphone of mine last, especially with someone as klutzy as I am?"
Knowing that my friend Eric from the US is very up-to-date in IT matters, I asked him what phone is he using ... and he answered, "G1". He had this phone for a few months and told me that he's still playing with it, which means, he's happy with this purchase.
I'm thinking, my next phone might be a G1. Unfortunately, it still hasn't arrived at the shores of Malaysia yet and I am hoping that by the time I need to change my iphone, it would be readily available here.
Meanwhile, check out the reviews for this phone :-

http://reviews.cnet.com/smartphones/t-mobile-g1-black/4505-6452_7-33283585.html

http://www.crunchgear.com/2008/10/16/review-t-mobile-g1/

4 comments:

Unknown said...

For a minute, i thought you were referring to G1 of the G7 mountains in West Malaysia...i.e. G Tahan..wah, so ambitious to climb...

Rachel said...

Ha!!!! I'm not THAT ambitious. Must take things one at a time. Got to climb Nuang before Gunung Tahan!

Anonymous said...

i do agree with kg, when u mentioned G1, gunung tahan first came to my mind.

yea, climb nuang first, back to back.

hav u consider samsung omnia? but i dun think its suitable to be dropped around :P

G1 is also quite good, but google Android Os is still relatively new in the market.

Rachel said...

Haha!!! You mountain kakis .. only think of mountains!!!!

Yes, I've seen the Samsung Omnia (in the newspaper ads) but I don't think I am interested in that. Somehow, it doesn't appeal much to me. I am the kind of person who'd go by instinct. If a product doesn't call out to me, I won't respond :)