Sunday, April 19, 2009

Tight Schedule

Sometimes I wonder if I do take on more than I can. Rajen seemed to think so and everytime I tell him that I am thinking of getting involved in a new ministry, he'd ask me to drop another.
.
I used to have 3 weeknights off every week. Not anymore.
.
I have always wanted to learn how to play the guitar. And with our cell not having any musician most of the time, I felt the need to take lessons from DY. He offered me free lessons. I chose to pay him for his time, not because he needed the money badly but because I knew that if I didn't pay for it, I might not take it seriously.
.
So every week, I diligently go for classes. I practise almost everyday. I made sure I did my "homework", which basically means practise! practise! and practise!
.
Monday is now my guitar lesson night.
.
Recently, I took up two interesting courses. OT Survey and World Religions. There goes my Tuesdays and Thursdays.
.
Which now leaves me with NO weeknight off as Wednesday and Friday nights are prayer and cell meeting nights respectively.
.
Saturdays & Sundays are always reserved for wedding dinners, birthday parties, etc, etc, etc
.
Early last week, I had to go for my guitar lesson early, just to get to the supermarket by 8.40pm for my dinner and grocery shopping. It was a mad dash in and out of the supermarket. I felt like I was in a Supermarket Sweep Competition. I ended up spending RM330 on household stuff.
.
Some of my friends asked me how I managed to fit everything in 24 hours.
.
Only two ways :-
.
1) Sleep less.
2) Get a twin
.
With work during the day and many activities during the night, I really didn't have the time to clean my house. Dear twin was kind enough to bring Tusi over for a few hours to clean my place - while I was at work. Phew!!! Otherwise the house would be in total chaos.
.
Dear twin is also my errand girl - post a letter, bank in money, buy stuff from town, send a cheque to this outlet, etc, etc, etc.
.
So for those who do not have a twin, sleep less. :)

No comments: