Monday, April 20, 2009

Unexpected Visitors

My cell is one of the 4 youth cells in Agape. It is also notoriously known to end late every Friday. Most of the other cells finish at 9.15 or 9.30pm. For us, that's normally when the lesson begins.
.
We'd start of with Icebreaker at 8.15pm, followed by Worship, Lesson, Prayer and Testimony and lastly, FOOD! We'd normally enjoy the icebreaker sessions. I was horrified that some cells skipped that part and went straight to worship. I think that it really helps us get to know each other better. Not only that, it helps us bond better.
.
Last Friday's icebreaker was complimenting each other. We were each given a piece of paper where we write our names on the top portion of the sheet. The piece of paper is then passed on to the next person for him/her to write good things about the owner of the paper. The piece of paper will eventually get back to the owner and we'd get to read what good things others have to say about us. Mine went like this (verbatim):-
.
-happy-go-lucky
-give great advice
-a loving, caring, beautiful and intelligent wife
-smart
-loves to smile and love
-always encouraging, a jovial person =p
-very artistic and helpful
-very kind and loving
-encouraging
-very creative
-super kind and loving
-smart
-funny, unlike her <-- LOL, joking
-an original
-helpful, busy a great aunty
.
Icebreaker ended at 9.10pm. Late! Normally we'd finish by 8.50pm. Anyway, that was the major cause of us ending late. Rajen, when he started sharing, told us that it would be a short lesson. Well, it was not! By the time we finished praying, it was 10.40pm - a record for us.
.
What was surprising were the sudden burst of unexpected visitors :- Bro DickK, MCTC, Eunice, Matt and Minchee. They stayed (and helped me finish the food) until 11.50pm.
.
After they left, I suddenly remembered that I had to make dessert (bean curd pudding, a.k.a dadih) for a party I was not invited for - well, the following day, I found out that it was a miscommunication and that I was actually invited for this party but it was too late as I had other plans.
.
I guess it was "pay back" time. Eunice helped me when I needed her help and now she asked me to make dessert for this party and I very well can't say "no", can I? She actually asked me to make the bean curd pudding AND Konyaku jelly but I told her that I can only manage one.
.
Anyway, by the time I finished making the pudding, mopped the floor, washed the pot and bowls, showered, it was 1.15am. Gosh! Late! I was already so tired but needed to get online for something.
.
I slept at 2.10am. It was way past my bedtime and believe me, my insomnia was cured that night. :)

No comments: