Saturday, April 18, 2009

World Religions

I've always been fascinated with the many religions in this world. What do people believe in and why. The sacrifices, the rituals, the holy book (of teachings), etc.

Put it this way. I was brought up in a christian family and from young, I was taught that Jesus is the only way. Pretty simple, yeah?

But is there more to it? Why are people willing to die for their faith? To be martryed and condemned by the world? There's just got to be more than just believing, right?

Many years ago ... about 15 years, I think, I attended a World Religions course taught by Rev. LimYC. I must say, I can't even remember what I learned, despite my fascination with the different major religions of the world.


A few weeks ago, I signed up for the same course, taught by the same lecturer! I'm auditing, of course. And this time, I hope that I'd pay more attention to what is being taught. :)

1 comment:

@nne said...

hi classmate,

did u happen to take pic of enoch fernando tat other day? can i have it for archive? jus 1 pic.