Tuesday, April 7, 2009

Osram Means .....

LET THERE BE LIGHT.

That was what I uttered to God when I woke up perspiring a few nights ago because the electricity got cut off at about 10.30pm.

I was in the middle of scrapbooking my Egypt vacation (yeah!!! I know. It was more than a year ago since I came back from Egypt and I still haven't scrapbooked that trip yet. It's better late than never, right?) when poof! the electricity went off.


A few months ago, I was in Singapore and I spotted all these lights. I bought the Osram light for SGD9.90 at a grocery shop near the MRT station. Later, while I was at the budget shop at Bukit Batok, I spotted a similar light but it only cost me SGD 1.05. IT was like CHEAP sale to me, so I grabbed at least 10 of those. The other slightly bigger light cost me SGD5.90.



I placed them at strategic places in the house.



Not knowing how long the darkness would last, I took a COLD shower and went to bed at 11pm. I was hoping that it would rain cats and dogs so that the muggy weather would turn chilly.

There wasn't any rain. Not even hints of it. No thunder, nor lightning; not even a drop of rain.



Dear hubby was reading a book with the help of the Osram light and I placed a few more behind him so that it would be brighter.

I went to sleep and tried not to think about how warm it was. I believe I did sleep for a little while. Then it got so warm, I was perspiring all over. I slept on the cold floor. I could hear dear hubby tossing back and forth. It was really a surprise that he found it warm as well. I always thought him to be a "cold" blooded person cause he is ALWAYS feeling very cold. I'm glad to discover that he's human afterall.

Just before 2am, I cried out a desperate plea to God ... "God, let there be light"

And there was light!! The electricity came back about a minute after I uttered my prayer.

And both of us slept well after that. :)

No comments: