Wednesday, April 29, 2009

New IT Expert

Last week I moaned about how I felt like a chicken without its head.
.
I had been spending half a day figuring out what was wrong with my computer. Jim finally managed to help me with getting all my documents back. He created a new ID for me and transfered all my data from one profile to the new one.
.
I was estatic.
.
BUT .....
.
I couldn't connect to the system and I couldn't send/receive any emails from my outlook express. I don't really mind not being able to receive/send any emails from my outlook express because over the past few months I told my purchasers to write to me via my gmail address. But there was this other generic email address which comes into my outlook express and most of them are enquiries - this means more business for us. And I know I had to get this outlook express fixed incase someone out there is wanting a house urgently.
.
Also, I really needed the system so that I could do my work.
.
I did a few tests on a few computers and different passwords and finally connected the problem to the "Administrator". I changed certain things in the server and tried logging on to the system from my computer. Voila! I did it!!! I managed to solve the problem. Yeh!
.
My next problem to solve was the outlook express. All I needed were the two passwords which I wasn't privy of previously. Emily (my colleague) helped me a little and I also tried asking the IT people in my HQ. Finally, I called another person (whom I have never spoken to before) and she managed to find out the password for me to retrieve my emails. Phew!!!
.
My computer problems are now solved! Woohoo!!! After almost 1 month of being computer-less. You know, I wonder how people survive without the usage of a computer....

No comments: