Monday, December 8, 2008

Christmas Musical 2008 - Full Dress Rehearsals

December 6th and 7th were scheduled for our full dress rehearsals.

I woke up on Saturday (6th) morning, bones as well as muscles aching in every part of my body. With only 3 hours sleep, I grudgingly got ready for a full day ahead. I refused to think about the two long rehearsals but instead decided to focus on one hour at a time.

We met in church at 9am. Praise and worship led by Lavinia was refreshing. Knowing that we were still half asleep, she made us do the actions for "My redeemer lives". At first my body refused to cooperate but gradually, as I began to move about, my muscles loosened a little. After P&W, I felt much better.

First rehearsal started at noon. Sharon and I, at first, were kelang-kabut. Thank God for Debra, our prompter. She's really good at her job. :-)

During the second rehearsal, Debra said that she had something to do and couldn't prompt us. Suddenly, Sharon and I had to scramble to look at the script. For a while there, we made a few mistakes. I think we have gotten so used to Debra prompting us, we didn't even bother looking at our own scripts. That shows how important a prompter is.

The 2nd rehearsal finished at 4.30pm and by the time we cleaned up the place and packed up, it was 6.30pm.

We (Eunice and I) went out for dinner with FC, Sally, Steve and the Hivolt team. Had dinner at the Seremban Crab Place (err... don't know the name of the place) near Lobak. Sally ordered SO MUCH!!!! I thought there would be a lot of leftovers. Thank God the guys could eat like there's no tomorrow. Mansur has a bottomless stomach. At first he tried to be polite. Soon, he was challenging "Penang" to eat more than he did. Politeness flew out the moment he saw the crabs, I think :)

Nevertheless, by the time I got home, I was feeling stuffed and tired.

The next day (Sunday) was a loooong one for all of us. Church service was from 9.30am - 11.15am. I had a quick lunch and helped Eunice with the props because two of her people were not around. The curtains needed to be hung, the cross had to be at the "keluar" sign door, lights needed to be placed at strategic places so that the cast could see where they were going, etc, etc, etc. The work never seem to get done.

By 1pm, Cynthia was doing the countdown. I was still not at the console area. I managed to get there in time, all sweaty (yucky).
The first rehearsal went well.



We were all "rewarded" with cendol after that. :)
4pm came ... everyone scattered in all directions. Some went to the make-up cum hair dressing room, some went to the costumes room, others went to do their beard.

7pm came, everyone was almost ready.

By 7.30pm, everyone was in the sanctuary and FC was acknowledging the many key people who were involved.

After that, we reenacted the whole musical. P. Ben gave his message (yeah, literally!!!) and an altar call.

Earlier on, when Stephany was songleading, I noticed that there were many faces which I did not recognise. Most of them were from the Chinese dept. Later, I heard that two non-christians actually responded to the altar call. Praise the Lord!!!! They were EdwinC's relatives. Wow!! God can work any time, anywhere!

No comments: