Thursday, December 4, 2008

Spirit of Materialism


Two Saturdays ago, I was in the church office typing on my laptop when my phone rang. Esther saw it (for the first time) and immediately exclaimed, "What!?!!?!? You have a new phone AGAIN??? Not fair! It was only last year when you had that HP Smart phone and now you're getting another one? Hrrmmph!! You're so materialistic".

My response was, "Don't be jealous!!"

She scoffed and went on, "You know, you shouldn't be so materialistic". And Anne agreed. Esther continued, "I should pray over you and bind the spirit of materialism and when you're delivered, you can pass the phone to me".

When the youths heard that I own a iphone .....

2 girls said they didn't like me
1 boy said he hates me
1 boy called me "god mother" (in hopes that he would inherit the phone some day)
1 boy said he loves me
1 guy said he still likes me

When they found out that Rajen bought the phone for me, they crowded round Rajen and began telling him when their birthdays are!!! It was a comical sight!
.
While some are raving over this phone, the older generation (i.e. my mum, my Aunty Chris, etc) asked me what's so special about the phone. "It's only a phone. You use it to make and answer phone calls and at the end of the day, those are the only two things that matter." Sigh! They are just sooooo ulu!!! ;-)

7 comments:

Jian said...

Godmum!
hahahahahaha...

Joel.T said...

woohooo. :D i hate you now. :D

Rachel said...

Jian - dream on!!!
JeLLo - Sigh! That goes to show how one turns his back on his former cell member the moment he goes to another cell. Hmm... I think I'll have a word with your cell leader this weekend. ;)

Jian said...

Godmum!...u will feel my sincerity one day...hahahaha...=p

@nne said...

lol!
and after tat talk i gave about materialism in aspirers.

Rachel said...

Jian - first, you must "speak" with sincerity.

Anne - I suppose I'm a bad influence to them now? ;-)

Jian said...

I shall show u some sincerity...=p