Wednesday, December 24, 2008

Last Minute Christmas Shopping

As usual, I waited until almost the very last minute before I went for my Christmas shopping. I had a long list of names and I had no idea what I should get them.



On the 22nd, I accompanied my mother-in-law, sis-in-law and Rajen to the shopping mall in Ampangan. I haven't been to that mall in years but Rajen's mother thinks the clothes there are much cheaper than the ones in Jusco.

We went grocery shopping first, then lunch at Windmill.

The second part of the shopping was difficult.

We needed to get from the ground floor of The Store to the 2nd floor. Rajen's mother was in a wheelchair and we needed to figure out where the evelator was. We found one in the mall but there was no connection from the main mall to The Store on the 2nd floor because the furniture shop closed it off.

What we did was to go up to the 1st floor using the elevator and from there, go into The Store and used their escalator.

We took a while to get onto the escalator. Rajen was right behind the wheelchair while Viji was behind Rajen. I was infront, holding on to the wheelchair until we almost reached the 2nd floor. That's when Rajen asked me to let go of it. The moment I let go, it went off balance for a little while but Rajen was quick enough to put it back in place.

I was the 1st one off the escalator. When I turned back, I saw that the weelchair got stucked and Rajen was trying in vain to push it off the moving escalator. Viji, from the back, tried to help by pushing Rajen. It took me a few seconds to realise what was happening before I reacted by pulling the wheelchair from the front. Immediately, the three of them were pushed forward.

That was a really scary episode which I hope will not be repeated.

It was a good thing all three of them didn't fall backwards.

Anyway, after that, Rajen's mum got some clothes for Rajen's christmas present. I know, at the back of Rajen's mind, he was trying to figure out how to get his mum down to the 1st floor. I was thinking hard too. There was NO way we would've done the same as how we came up.

I told him that the best way was for her to get off the wheelchair and go down the escalator like how we normally do. The only problem was that I don't think she would be quick enough to take the next step the moment her foot touched the escalator. I could just imagine her falling down the escalator.

I told Rajen that it would be good if someone could just stop the escalator so that his mum could walk down slowly.

Well, that was just what we did.

Rajen's mum, though was slow and caused a small people jam on the escalator, made it down safely.

After that, Rajen took his mum and sister back while I picked up my mum and Esther to go to Jusco for MY Christmas shopping.

We were there from 5pm - 10pm. By then, I was feeling so exhausted and zombie-like AND I was 90% done with my Christmas shopping!!!! Yes!!!!

Even though I was so exhausted, when I got back, I started decorating my tree until 12.40am.

For me, it was a very productive day. :)

No comments: