Sunday, December 28, 2008

Presents


Christmas is always known as the season of giving (and of course, receiving). We'd take time off to go Christmas shopping. Then lose sleep to wrapped the gifts. And on Christmas day, we'd be ladened with several big bags of gifts to be given out.

This year was no different.

I had list of names. I stressed myself out going from one place to another to buy the right gift. And came back with lots of things to be wrapped.
.
While shopping for others, I also bought some Christmas presents for myself. I believe that I am entitled to spend some on myself because I'd been doing so much for others. :)



A notebook cooler. I've actually bought one earlier this year but it was quite cumbersome to cart that from one place to the other. The one above is more portable.

Shoes. Looks nice but when I wore it on Christmas day, it wasn't as comfortable as I thought it would be.


Ear-rings. Yeah, being a girl, fashion jewellery is still important no matter how many birthdays she's had.


Pasta cookbook. I seem to have a yearning for pasta cookbooks. Not sure why cause all I ever cooked were bolognaise and alfredo. Perhaps one day I'd do something really different


Books. I chose a different author this time. I haven't read any of her books before and the title and cover looked interesting. I know I shouldn't judge any book by its cover but after reading the back cover of the book, I was hooked.
.
For your information, I slept at 4.30am two nights ago because I was reading one of the books.

I spent most of Christmas eve wrapping the gifts and tagging them. I slept at 3.30am because of that.

Christmas morning came and I gave out the presents ..... and received many in return. It's now 3 days after Christmas and the 95% of the gifts are still under my Christmas tree - unwrapped!!!

No comments: