Friday, December 19, 2008

Ondeh-Ondeh


Jo promised to make me ondeh-ondeh one day.

One day finally came.

Yesterday, at 4.30pm, while I was in the midst of carrying a pack of (heavy) buntings, she called me to ask if I would be at home later because she wanted to make ondeh=ondeh for me. I told her that I was busy in church.
.
She called again at 7.15pm. The ondeh-ondeh was ready and she wanted to come over to my house. I told her that Rajen and I will be having dinner at Kensington and that she could give me the kuih there.

She brought one bowl of it (about 15-20 huge balls). I popped one into my mouth! Splat! The gula melaka burst out when I flattened the ball of kuih. Yummy!! That is really what I like about eating ondeh-ondeh. The splat of the gula melaka in my mouth.

Even though it was yummy, I couldn't finish everything.

I brought it back and kept it in the fridge.

This morning, I had some of it for breakfast.

And finished everything by lunch time!!

And yes, ondeh-ondeh was my breakfast and lunch - I was on the computer, in the middle of merging 5 pictures into one, and that took about 4 hours to be completed. Because of that, I didn't have the time to think about going out to have my meals. I just ate whatever I had in the house - ondeh-ondeh!!!

No comments: